Early Age Orthodontics
What exactly is early-age orthodontics, which is perhaps the first question a parent would ask? All procedures that can be carried out before the adult teeth erupt are included in early-age orthodontic treatment, also known as preventive orthodontic treatment, interceptive orthodontic treatment, or phase I orthodontic treatment. One must understand that in dentistry anything that comes under the preventive category are much less costly when compared to corrective orthodontic treatments.
- The goal of orthodontic therapy
- What is Early-Age Orthodontic Treatment?
- Preventive vs Corrective Orthodontic treatments.
The goal of orthodontic therapy
The goal is to reduce or completely eradicate tooth or skeletal imbalances that could obstruct the proper development of tooth structures, the bite, or the TMJ. Waiting to fix such atypical growth patterns can cause issues with the child’s airway, appearance, or psychological health.
If you believe that orthodontic therapy is to correct tooth alignment and achieve a better appearance, then you are mistaken. It’s much more such as avoiding early tooth wear, reducing or clearing upper airway constriction, reduce TMJ related pains, correcting sleep disorders, treating tooth sensitivity, guiding the eruption of an unerupted tooth, controlling mouth breathing habit, gum recession, and much more. In other words, early-age orthodontic therapy aims to prepare the oral environment for the greatest possible skeletal, aesthetic, and orthodontic result by treating the causative factor for the existing problem. It is preventative in nature, and most effective during the growth period.
An Exclusive Dental Clinic for Paediatric dentistry and Orthodontic treatment.
What is Early-Age Orthodontic Treatment?
Early orthodontic treatment, also known as interceptive orthodontics, has many advantages. A type of orthodontic treatment called interceptive orthodontics is given to patients while they are younger before all of their adult teeth have erupted. Early orthodontic treatment has a lot of advantages, including the following:
- Address issues early: By receiving orthodontic treatment at a young age, you can handle issues with your teeth and jaw before they worsen. This can help avoid the need for later, more involved, and expensive therapy.
Erupting permanent teeth can be given better guidance to align themselves in the correct position. If there is any hindrance in its eruption, can be identified and cleared. A child is in the peak stage of growth, growth modulation gives the best results than waiting till the growth is completed and then going for extraction of permanent teeth to correct the alignment.
- Enhance the appearance of your teeth: Early orthodontic treatment can make your smile more aesthetically pleasing. Your quality of life can be enhanced and your self-confidence increased as a result. You don’t have to wait till adulthood to get a better smile and confidence.
- Enhance your oral health: Orthodontics at a young age can also enhance your oral health. This is due to the fact that it can treat biting issues, which can affect the health of your teeth and gums. Also oral hygiene is maintained well only when teeth are in good alignment. Space in between teeth can cause food accumulation and eventually cause dental decay. Similarly crowded teeth cannot be cleaned efficiently and thus cause dental decay and gum diseases.
If you’re thinking of getting braces and jaw corrections at a young age, Namma Baby team is the most comprehensive provider of early-age orthodontics in India. We believe that by intercepting and correcting dental and skeletal problems at an early stage, we can provide our patients with the best possible outcome.
Whom to approach for early-age orthodontic treatment?
If you are looking for early-age orthodontic treatment in India, then look no further than Namma Baby Dentist ( Bangalore)
We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible care and results.
What sorts of treatment do you offer?
We offer a variety of early-age orthodontic treatments, such as myofunctional appliances, rapid maxillary expansion, and palatal expansion,habit correction appliances to name a few. We use the most advanced technology and the latest techniques to provide our patients with the best possible care.
What makes Namma Baby Dentist unique?
We provide a comprehensive treatment planning for each case with the combined advise of Pediatric dentist and Orthodontist at one place giving you the best possible outcome.